Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.
What makes you truly happy?
If I get this job, I’ll be happy.
If I earn this much, I’ll be happy.
If I get promoted…
If I marry him/her…
If I go abroad…
If I buy this dress, this gadget, this car, this house…
If I have no worries, no doubts, no uncertainties, no stress…I’ll be really happy!
A lot of people think this way, but God has a different definition of happiness that is not dependent on people and circumstances because these are temporary. He is offering a kind of happiness that comes from a relationship with Him and human BEings, not human doings. It’s a happiness that comes from the attitude we carry everyday no matter what storms may come…
The “BE” attitude is happiness…
Even if we lose our spouse or child or mom or dad in a plane crash…
Even if we are fired from our job…
Even if we get sick…
Even if our best friend betrays us…
The “BE” attitude is being able to fly kites and sing in the storm.
Because God is alive, He’s in control, and He is good no matter what.
By realizing that others are going through worse than you.
That even if you yourself need help, you can use this as an opportunity to help others.
10 rules for happier living:
— Source Unknown
1. Give something away (no strings attached)
2. Do a kindness (and then forget it)
3. Spend a few minutes with the aged (their experience is a priceless guidance)
4. Look intently into the face of a baby (and marvel)
5. Laugh often (it’s life’s lubricant)
6. Give thanks (a thousand times a day is not enough)
7. Pray (or you will lose the way)
8. Work (with vim and vigor)
9. Plan as though you’ll live forever (because you will)
10.Live as though you’ll die tomorrow (because you will on some tomorrow)
To be used by God to make someone happy.
This is real happiness.